Monday, July 10, 2017

'Honor Me with Beauty'





Honor me with Beauty.
Honor me with good deeds done in secret,
     with knowing that you don't know

Honor me with obsession,
Honor me with passionate perseverance,
     with kindness when kindness feels like a paper cut

Honor me with Indulgence
Honor me at the altar of curiosity,
     with your keen appreciation

Honor me with Shamelessness.
Honor me with the lapping of your blood,
     with passing paper airplanes to your animal imagination

Honor me with Absurdity.
Honor me with awkward balance,
      with your paramour, the Void

Honor me with Uncertainty.
Honor me with ferocious possibility,
      with your pulpy perishable skin and favorite singer.

Honor me with invocation.
Honor me with the sound of your story,
     with your smoking tongue and most prized collection.

Honor me with Generosity.
Honor me with petals and sticks,
     arranged like a skeleton behind your old house.

Honor me with the relentless pursuit of Beauty
     for the sake of Beauty,
          with the map of the night we dreamt.



M. Roberts 2017

Find more videos, words + 
personalized offerings on Patreon









www.herspeak.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment