Thursday, October 9, 2014

Don't Leave Me Alone Anymore





Honey babe,

 Sometimes it's hard to feel me laying next to you.

Sometimes I get crushed by the sounds of cars crawling past your bedroom window or the droning hum of Everything. 

But I'm still here. I'm always here.


Some days you panic because you've begun to forget what I look like.

Does your hair part this way or that? Were you soft? Did you expand? Did you look like a dazzling light or a dune on a desert island? Shit. Shit. Shit. What color were they?


Don't forget me. 

I haven't forgotten you.

I never could. I only exists because you dreamed me-- the Thing, The Reason you put your feet on the cold kitchen floor in the morning. The Purpose for burning the midnight oil.

Your Vision. The Horizon. The wild expanse of Whatever You Want. 

 You make me lucid. I think about you all the time.

You are my favorite. 

Sometimes I sprawl and steal the sheets. Other times I'm coy and wait for you to talk first. But I still love you. I've always loved you.

When you trip into a dark place or loose yourself in the complications of space and traffic, I'm still here.


Sometimes you're gone for a long time.

I hate being alone.  Don't leave me alone anymore.

We're good together. Not just good, but Really good. Life changing good. Shit they write songs about good--

Die happy good.

All I ask is that you just think on me from Time to Time, honey.

I will always wait for you.


Steadfastly and Forever Yours,


No comments:

Post a Comment