Sunday, June 1, 2014

From The Road








































I was sure I'd have some poetic nugget of insight to share with you upon my return.  But I don't.

 Rock and Roll Tour. I went. It was awesome.

I also wanted to avoid regaling you with a report of inane details about people you don't know and sandwiches I ate like an animal.  So I won't.

However, I can tell you that it should be illegal to not have a waffle houses within walking distance of your house, that lady dinosaurs have eyelashes so you know they are lady dinosaurs, and that it's okay when things don't go as planned--

That toilet seats are infinitely improved with the addition of googly eyes, that grilled cheese tastes better after midnight, and that bar bathroom walls reveal a creepily accurate sampling of society--

That cats do not want to wear sweaters, ever,  that some people were probably born drunk, that waking up to Us and Them in the middle of the night will make you question whether you died in your sleep, that to do it well you have to do it hard and you WILL get sweaty--

That it's impossible to order a chocolate shake after 2:30 am because that's when they clean the machine, that playing the rooms your heroes played is holy, that there is always one more show in you--

That everyone is just passing through. 

That it's not about perfection, it's about Victory.
 

That once you taste your real life, there is no going back.


XO



No comments:

Post a Comment