Wednesday, December 11, 2013

There's something in my eye...

We are eleven days into the blogathon and it's time to talk about our feelings. Kickin' it Old Skool wants to know what makes us weepy. For me, weepy implies a happy tear as a result of being joyously crushed in an embarrassing and endearingly human way-- not a moment of despair.

So without further ado I present to you my collection of Sniff-Inducing Artifacts.




This piece by Mussorgsky turns on the water works every time.

The first time I stood in front of Madame X at the Met in New York, I welled up.

It doesn't matter who sings it, this song gives me chills. This is one of my favorite performances.

And the Sniffle Mother Load:




Sorry, I've got something in my eye...


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Mussorgsky, thank you for sharing this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Nessun Dorma! I'd forgotten about that one. Total tear inducer. We used to have a great replica of Madame X in the office I worked in last. People would walk in off the street all the time to come get a closer look.

    ReplyDelete