Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Balls of Joy

 It's Show and Tell day at Kickin' it Old Skool! We're taking a peek at things we love and what we've been making. I've been in craftasaurus mode for the past few weeks and this is my latest adventure...

































I fell head over fluffy heals for these House of Holland pom pom earrings. How kitsch, flouncy and funny-- I live for a funny accessory. (One of the great joys in life is a good conversation piece.) But not so funny at $75+ a pair.

Bring forth my glue gun!








































While snuffling around a Michael's I rounded up a few plastic gems, earring backs and two ocean-blue marabou Christmas tree ornaments. It took approximately 10 seconds and $4 to make these little dangly balls of joy. They are Absurd. And I love them.







































These fluffies are so fun to wear I now require all of my earrings to be extra ticklish.

New Years Eve perhaps?


What are you making, Kittens?












If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these DIY adventures.

9 comments:

  1. Those earrings are FUN....just a huge spash of whimsy and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool & so much FUN making them then buying those runway ones - GREAT JOB Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em! Makes me want to actually wear earrings again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I've been wanting to get back to making Christmas presents, but I'm extra busy at work this week. So this weekend, I'll get back to repurposing wool sweaters into soft creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A huge WOW. Those earrings are wonderful, fun and suit you perfectly. Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomeness!! Love your resourcefulness. And LOVE that color!!

    ReplyDelete