Friday, December 27, 2013

2013: Super Powers


























Holy shark attack, Batman the year is almost over! Today we're taking stock of 2013 with Kickin It Old Skool.

I will remember...
2013 was a truly transformative year. After leaving a job that was figuratively (and literally) killing me for a job I love, we moved into a new home, gave up processed food, made a recordplanted a garden, played on the radio, gigged like crazy, had my first solo exhibition, performed at Mondo Lucha, spent quiet time in the woods, adventured with friends, went on my dream trip and built a new blog home. Whew!

I will leave behind...
While in metamorphic butterfly mode, the mission was to cut out toxic people and poisonous things. (If the thought of hanging out with a friend gives you a panic attack, they're not a friend.) It was tough work, but truthfully-- the sweet sweet fruit of a Bullshit Free Year was worth the labor.

If you visit my 2013 Emotional Sidewalk Rummage, you'll find plenty of anxiety for sale. Cheap.

I don't need it anymore.

I learned...
Three potent lessons were presented this year. The First Lesson, You Are Your Own Badass. Be your own hero. Plan it. Get traction. Make it happen. 

The Second Lesson comes from my friend Eric. His super power is the ability to ask for things I'd never think to. Want your song on the radio? Ask. Want to play with national acts? Ask. Want label support? Ask. Knock on the door. It's free.

The Third Lesson: There is no harm in Thinking Bigger. It's painless. A dream can't hurt you. You won't be crushed by it. That's science. Let's get big and weird!

I will celebrate...
A rock and roll journey, my loving tribe, the incredible life of my Grandpa, exploring my city, a creative tidal wave, finishing what we start and being insanely happy. I can't wait to wear a crown and drink bubbly with my favorite humans!


What does your year look like, kittens?


2014, Prepare to be Destroyed.







5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your transformation! Hope 2014 is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a life-changing year. Hope 2014 will bring you all you wish for! All the best to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful lessons. I will bear them in mind as I enter 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting post! Love it!!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! To be able to embrace change in this way takes determination. Congratulations! Lessons 2 and 4 resonate with me. Thank you for articulating your life lessons of the year in such a clear way.

    ReplyDelete