Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Fell In Love With a Fish: You Can Too

I fell in love with a fish. He was glorious hanging on the antique shop wall slick and shining blue. Aside from the dangling tag that read $3000.00, I had no plans to carry him around for the next two days of my holiday.

But darlings, I NEEDED a marlin for my dining room desperately. So, I made one instead.

I know, I know. You want a giant fish too. Luckily for you, I've broken the process down into five easy steps! You too can be the proud owner of a fake Marlin just in time for the holidays!
































Step One:  Find a glamorous stuffed Marlin at antique shop and decide you aren't going to buy it a train ticket home.

Step Two: Visit your sister, who recently returned from an Ikea trip and steal away into the night with her cardboard.

Step Three: Hastily paint giant fish onto found cardboard in an effort to finish it before your boyfriend comes home and tells you this might be a terrible idea.

Step Four: Add glitter until you're giggling to yourself.

Step Five: Get that beast on the wall and admire your handiwork.































Live the Dream and Stay Crafty, Muffins.









If you like this post, you might also enjoy these.  Enjoy paint shenanigans? Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment