Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fall: A Love Letter




















Dear Fall,

You haven't arrived yet, but I've been waiting for you with my nosed pushed up on the window. I know I've been spending a lot of time with Summer, but my heart has always been yours. You know how girls are...

Is that you? It smells like you. Burning leaves, soup potions, low moons and that exceptional weird night magic you carry around like a hair 'do.

Locust leaves skittering and the grey lake getting stirred up while we drink beers in blanket capes. Film festivals, cat ears and beach bonfires for short day after shorter day. I wander around drunk on the smoky wooly dreams of what we'll do together.

But, I can wait. I'll stay up past midnight if I have to.

Patiently Yours,

 

What are you looking forward to this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment