Thursday, July 18, 2013

costume of the week

In case you haven't heart, it's 100 degrees. So naturally, we put on war paint and ruin our clothes. It was a good week for the freak business, eliciting high-fives from strangers on the side walk. This weeks costume was assembled for a little lake side Opera on the surface of the Sun.







































The ensemble: metallic pink blouse (Topshop) patterned bedazzled shorts (by me) gold sandals (Mossimo) dream catcher earrings (Parsons Trading Post) tortoise shell sunnies (Grandma)


























Wildest Denim Dreams, how I covet thee. If their shorts were food, I'd order them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. But I'd have to sell one of my kidneys on the black market to afford a pair of jean underwear.

So I bedazzled that shit myself. Project total: $4.

Feeling utterly naked without stockings (I'd never actually seen my legs until recently),  I decided to balance the hippy-dippyness of this costume with a dramatic lip. This look was achieved with a coal eyeliner and plum gloss.

What are you wearing?

It's hot out there, kittens--
If it's nothing. I won't tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment