Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cake Whore: Favorite Desserts in Milwaukee

I am an Sweets Destroyer--A Junkie so utterly in Love with cake that I use it to mark time.

Most events in my life are linked to brilliant desserts:

Moms perfect brick of chocolate mousse for Mother's Day.
Glazed bunt gingerbreads for Christmas.
Grandmas famous blueberry studded Fourth of July Flag Cake.
Boston Cream Pie for Dad's birthday.
Cheesecake for my Sister's bachelorette soiree.
Fudge brownies for New Years Day and funerals.

All names for pets and people eventually turn into baked goods.



Drop-style strawberry shortcakes with real Chantilly whipped cream on hot nights.
Chilled rice pudding for breakfast.
Trophy-worthy layer cakes mounded with shredded coconut.

Every get-together was a smorgasbord for my habit. My mom deserves a medal.

Needless to say, I am often in need of a fix. I wanted to share the Cream City Dreamsicle's Guide to Desserts in MKE. Check out the map for a few of my favorite places to nibble:

CommunityWalk Map - Favorite Desserts in MKE


Click on the tags to check out the treats! Or follow the link to a more detailed treasure map.
Where are your confections of choice?

Dreaming of Sweets,


No comments:

Post a Comment